Joining or renewing with CNA
If you would like to join or renew with CNA, you can do so at any time through our independent or emeritus categories. For the full list of CNA benefits visit cna-aiic.ca/benefits.
Professional liability protection
NEW — RNs and NPs can apply to become a Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) beneficiary when joining or renewing with CNA — all in one transaction.
Stay current with CNA
CNA continues to work for the nursing profession in Ontario and across Canada. If you would like to receive timely e-mail updates on our progress through CNA Now, simply complete our online communications consent form at cna-aiic.ca/consent. Please note: CNA does not sell e-mail lists to third parties.
For now, you can learn more about some of the exciting and important work we are doing by browsing through CNA@work (cna-aiic.ca/atwork).
Our focus going forward is ensuring that national and international communities continue to benefit from nurses’ expertise in all provinces and territories, and that we help connect you with your colleagues across the country and globally.
Note: CNA ID #
Need to update your membership information with CNA? When writing us, please include your CNA ID #, which you can find above your name on the Canadian Nurse mailing label.
We look forward to continuing our relationship with you in 2017 and beyond.
Canadian Nurses Association announces CNAOntario inaugural president
Ottawa, November 21, 2016 — Ontario nurses are one step closer to optimizing their involvement with the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) through the selection of Mary McAllister, RN, PhD, as the inaugural president of CNAOntario. The group aims to provide a vehicle for CNA members in Ontario to connect with each other, with RNs and NPs across Canada and with the International Council of Nurses. Read more.
CNA’s Ontario nurses have spoken loud and clear: they want a made-in-Ontario group to fully engage with CNA, its provincial and territorial nursing organizations, and the International Council of Nurses (ICN). CNAOntario is a connected group of Ontario RNs and NPs from diverse sectors, settings, roles and locations.
Its objectives include:
- Providing a vehicle that connects CNA members in Ontario to each other, to RNs and NPs across Canada, and to ICN
- Supporting a strong and positive nursing voice for health care in Ontario through a national lens
- Offering a mechanism that lets Ontario nurses fully contribute to CNA initiatives and outcomes
To help support the group’s efforts, CNA asked well-respected Ontario RN Julia Scott to act as a liaison between CNA and CNAOntario.
CNAOntario is currently seeking candidates for VP positions and committee members:
- Voluntary vice-president, governance — One-year term as chair of the governance committee, which will lead the design, monitoring and evaluation of the roles and processes by which CNAOntario fulfils its objectives.
- Voluntary vice-president, membership — One-year term as chair the membership committee, which will advise CNA staff on recruiting and engaging with Ontario members of CNA.
If you are an RN or NP in Ontario with the following attributes and would like to put your name forward, please e-mail your career profile, indicating your related experience and a brief overview of why you are interested to Julia Scott at email@example.com by Monday February 6, 2017.
- Current membership in CNA
- Willingness and ability to contribute the time required
- Commitment to the mission and objectives of CNA
- Openness to exploring relationships at the national level with the full family of nursing
- Belief in the value and contribution of professional nursing associations at local, provincial, national and international levels
- Current or previous governance experience preferred (for VP positions only)
Interested in getting involved or hearing more?
There will be several face-to-face consultation meetings throughout Ontario. Let us know if you would like a face-to-face meeting in your area. If you are interested please contact Julia Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does joining CNA in Ontario mean membership in CNAOntario automatically?
No, nurses join or renew with CNA. CNAOntario is a group that is currently being formed by nurses in Ontario.
For recent developments in Ontario please see this Backgrounder.