Call for expression of interest is now open
The deadline is February 20, 2024.
We are seeking a broadly diverse slate of candidates to serve on five councils that are advisory to the board and CEO.
Positions are open for the following advisory councils to the board of directors:
- Future of nursing
- Indigenous relations
- Specialty nursing practice
To support strong decision-making in the interest of CNA membership, the board and leadership will consider the following criteria when selecting members to serve on the councils:
- Representation from the four regulated nursing categories, nursing students and retired nurses
- Nursing practice experience: diverse practice experiences, backgrounds and specialties that inform dialogue and decision-making
- Racial and ethno-cultural diversity: a variety of racial, ethnic, language, cultural and historical backgrounds and experiences to ensure that deliberations are informed, that decisions include and respect a broad range of racial and ethno-cultural perspectives, that biases are identified and questioned, and that CNA reflects the communities it serves
- Education: a variety of educational backgrounds and experiences
- Indigenous ancestry: a variety of Indigenous voices to ensure that deliberations are informed, that decisions include and respect a broad range of Indigenous voices, that biases are identified and questioned, and that CNA reflects the communities it serves
- Gender diversity: a variety of perspectives to support decisions that are balanced, relevant, and reflective of CNA membership
- Geographic diversity: regional diversity to reflect the reality that practice environments and access to the health-care system vary across the country’s six time zones and throughout the provinces, territories and Indigenous communities
All council members must be members of CNA in good standing.