As the national voice of nursing in Canada, we:
- Act in the public interest for Canadian nursing and nurses, providing national and international leadership in nursing and health
- Advocate for a publicly funded, not-for-profit health system
- Advance nursing excellence and positive health outcomes
- Promote profession-led regulation
Our members include unionized and non-unionized nurses, retired nurses, nursing students, and all categories of nurses (registered nurses, nurse practitioners, licensed and registered practical nurses, and registered psychiatric nurses).
Leading health-care policy
Nursing is too important, too valuable, and too expensive to be left like a rudderless ship with no one at the wheel. We help steer and develop the discipline of nursing for all regulated nurses across all 13 provinces and territories, as well as nurses who live and work in hundreds of Indigenous nations and communities.
As a leader in health policy, we:
- Consistently rank in the top tier of health lobbyists
- Develop, share, and mobilize evidence to inform better health and health-care policy development that benefits individuals, organizations and systems
- Are the federal government’s “go-to” source for informed nursing and health-care policy advice
- Are the only pan-Canadian association that has the mandate to monitor, guard, and advance the nursing profession
- Lead initiatives that bring nurses, other health-care professionals, employers and governments together to discuss challenges and develop innovative solutions