|CNA member fee
|Exam application fee
|Exam writing appointment fee (ProctorU or Pearson VUE)
Applicable taxes will be added to the above fees.
1 These fees include a non-refundable administrative fee of $125.
2 Member rate is available to registered nurses and nurse practitioners who
Member rate is available to licensed/registered practical nurses and registered psychiatric nurses who
- have purchased a membership directly with CNA, or
- are members of CNA through their membership with the Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba
3 Certification candidates whose previous exam results were unsuccessful are eligible for a reduced rewrite fee (valid for the next two calendar years).
Booking your exam
There are two exam-writing options available. You can write at home with a proctor via ProctorU or at a test centre with Pearson VUE.
In addition to the exam application fee, there is an appointment exam booking fee ($105 + applicable taxes). The booking fee goes directly to ProctorU or Pearson VUE to cover their costs of delivering the exams across Canada. The CNA certification exams are delivered through these networks, giving you greater scheduling flexibility by offering a two-week testing window.
Application fee discounts
Specialty association membership discount
SAVE 20% on your initial or renewal application fees if you are a member of a national specialty association. (Discount cannot be applied to rewrite applications.) Contact your association to obtain a discount voucher.
Group incentive discount
If you are writing an initial nursing certification exam or renewing your nursing certification by exam or continuous learning hours, you might be interested in forming a group to get a discount:
- 10-29 applicants receive a 10% discount
- 30 or more applicants receive a 20% discount
- A contact person provides CNA with a list of group participants. The contact person must have received consent from the applicants to share their contact information with CNA.
- CNA will check the list against its list of applications that have been submitted during the two application windows (applicable for same-year application windows only).
- At the end of the second exam window (i.e., end of December) individual refunds will be processed, provided the minimum number of applications has been met.
- Only one voucher can be used per application
- All vouchers have an expiry date
Please see the Financial Support section for more information regarding funding opportunities.