||CNA member fee
|Pearson VUE test centre fee
Applicable taxes will be added to the above fees.
1 These fees include a non-refundable administrative fee of $125.
2 Member rate is available to registered nurses, nurse practitioners and licensed/registered practical nurses who
Member rate is available to LPNs/RPNs who
- purchase a membership directly with CNA (this option will be available on June 27, 2019), or
- are members of CNA through their membership with the Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
3 Certification candidates whose previous exam results were unsuccessful are eligible for a reduced rewrite fee (valid for the next two calendar years).
Pearson VUE writing centres
In addition to the exam fee, there is a Pearson VUE test centre fee ($105 + applicable taxes).
The test centre booking fee goes directly to Pearson VUE to cover the cost of operating its network of computer-based testing centres across Canada. The CNA certification exams are delivered through this network, giving you greater scheduling flexibility by offering a two-week testing window.
Application fee discounts
Specialty association membership discount
Nurses who are members of their national specialty association SAVE 20% on their initial or renewal application fees. (Discount cannot be applied to rewrite applications.) Contact your association to obtain a discount voucher.
De Souza study group discount
Oncology and hospice palliative care nurses who are CNA members and registered with a de Souza exam preparation study group in 2019 SAVE 20% on their CNA certification fee. Visit www.desouzainstitute.com to join a study group.
Group incentive discount
If you are writing an initial nursing certification exam or renewing your nursing certification by exam or continuous learning hours, you might be interested in forming a group to get a discount:
- 10-29 applicants receive a 10% discount
- 30 or more applicants receive a 20% discount
Any nurse applying for or renewing their certification can be included in the group incentive. Nurses who are rewriting the exam or applying through de Souza can be included in the group count, but they are not eligible for the group discount because their fee has already been reduced.
- A contact person provides CNA with a list of group participants. The contact person must have received consent from the applicants to share their contact information with CNA.
- CNA will check the list against its list of applications that have been submitted during the two application windows (applicable for same-year application windows only).
- At the end of the second exam window (i.e., end of December) individual refunds will be processed, provided the minimum number of applications has been met.
- Only one voucher can be used per application
- All vouchers have an expiry date
Please see the Financial Support section for more information regarding funding opportunities.