Once you have registered for one of the webinars listed below, be sure to download these webinar instructions [PDF, 118.9 KB] for Adobe Connect.
We recommend Google Chrome for CNA webinars, since it integrates the Adobe Flash Player required to attend. For other browsers, you will need to download Adobe Flash Player separately. The latest versions will offer the best performance.
Download the latest Adobe Flash Player
Download Google Chrome
Recordings of past webinars
Please note that the link to register for the English webinars is different than the link to register for the French webinars.
Substance use trends in Canada: What nurses need to know — A five-part series
Join this series and hear nurse experts discuss some of today’s key questions regarding substance use. What roles are nurses playing to prevent and respond to these complex health issues? Learn more about nursing approaches, the nurse-client relationship and how to address the substance use stigma. The five webinars will examine:
- Opioid overdose prevention basics for nurses — March 7
- An evidence-based review of opioid agonist treatments and what they mean for nursing practice — April 4
- Supervised consumption sites: Where are we now? — May 2
- Creating safe spaces in health care for people who use drugs — late May, date coming soon!
- Cannabis in Canada: Implications for nursing in a changing legal and health-care landscape — late May, date coming soon!
Be part of the conversation. The registration link can be found below each webinar.
Certified nurses may apply webinars toward their continuous learning hours.
3. Supervised consumption sites: Where are we now?
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 3-4 p.m. ET
There have been a lot of developments in the past year related to supervised consumption sites. This webinar will:
- Provide a brief overview of the history of consumption sites in Canada and policies surrounding them
- Explain where we are now from a policy, advocacy and practice standpoint
- Conclude with recommended resources, ways to get involved and next steps
Marilou Gagnon, RN, PhD
Marilou Gagnon is an associate professor in nursing at the University of Ottawa. A former board member and expert advisor in research, policy and advocacy for the Canadian Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, she now serves as the board chair of the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network. She is also founder of the Coalition of Nurses and Nursing Students for Supervised Injection Services, creator of the Facebook campaign Harm Reduction = Nursing Care, and editor of the Radical Nurse blog.
For questions about the CNA webinar series, contact Leah Menard at firstname.lastname@example.org.